Drupal 7 Template

You are here

Teaching Licensure Concentration

Students preparing to apply for teaching licensure in the state of Illinois to teach agriculture in secondary schools should choose this option.  At the University of Illinois, students work with staff specialists and the Council on Teacher Education to create an individualized list of required coursework based on their specific past education. 

Requirements for teaching licensure are often separate from AGED MS Degree requirements – students often earn more than the required 32 credits for graduation to gain licensure. 

Online students choosing this option must already be teaching in the state of Illinois on a provisional license.

Need more information?

Specific course requirements for the Teaching Licensure Concentration can be found here.

Frequently Asked Questions about the MS degree can be found here.